When it comes to choosing an ESB for you next project, there are a lot of choices. Many companies follow a formal process that includes technical evaluation, vendor viability, operational characteristics, cost and other criteria. The experience of others, who have done a similar evaluation, is one of the best resources to improve your selection process.
Certus Solutions with over 600 clients in Australia and New Zealand has a significant hands on experience with many customers going through the ESB selection process. The company published a white paper that compares IBM Integration Bus (IIB), Open Source Camel, JBoss Fuse, Microsoft BizTalk and Oracle SOA Suite offerings. The white paper considers many aspects of developing and supporting integration solutions, including technical abilities, cost, risk factors, performance and maintenance.
As the white paper states, you can start with IIB Express edition for around AUD$15,000 per year! Add to this attractive price:
- Advanced technical capabilities, like Graphical Data Mapping, global cache, development tooling with very efficient unit test, choice of development languages, etc.
- WebSphere MQ, the leader in messaging middleware, is included
- Choice between several deployment options, including several cloud alternatives
- License flexibility with capacity on demand for your pick workloads
- No cost IIB for developers
- Seamless upgrade to more powerful IIB editions
- Very robust runtime with high reliability
- Easy and straightforward upgrade from version to version
- Wide network of experienced partners
Read this paper to get an independent review of the available integration options!