Yesterday IBM shipped a new production version of WAS Liberty with full support for the Java EE 7 profile. Read this blog article for full details of new features.
The image above is taken from the official Oracle Java EE certification page. Here is my take on it:
- Oracle does not ship production support for Java EE 7 (WebLogic is not certified and GlassFish is not for production)
- Neither does Red Hat (JBoss EAP is not certified and WildFly is not for production)
- Tmax JEUS (I purchased a Tmax tablet from Sams Club last year and this is the last product I will ever buy from a company with the name “Tmax”)
- Hitachi Cosminexus (cosmi-what?)
- IBM is the first vendor to ship production support for Java EE 7 (just as was the case with Java EE 6).
You can download a free production ready copy of the new WAS Liberty here.