On June 9th I hosted a webcast titled “Save money with IBM WebSphere over Oracle WebLogic”. You can watch the recording of the webcast here.
The topics I covered in the webcast included the following:
- Product mapping of IBM and Oracle for application infrastructure
- Product pricing and licensing for virtualized and native environments
- Comparison of support offerings, including cost, fixes, discounts
- Product packaging, terms and conditions
- Gartner report on middleware market share comparison of IBM and Oracle
- Customer examples of migrations from WebLogic to WebSphere
- Migration toolkit
- New WAS v8.5 capabilities and technical advantages over WebLogic Server 12c (half of the webcast content)
- Performance comparison of WAS and WLS, including SPECjEnterprise2010 results
- Mobile middleware capabilities of IBM and Oracle
- Comparison of IBM PureApplication System and Oracle Exalogic
If you would like to get a copy of the charts, please send email to email@example.com and I will send you the file. Please clearly state your name, employer and the reason you are interested in the presentation.